Color Balance and Control for Filmmaking – from Shoot to Edit
From the makers of the original ColorChecker Classic, the X-Rite ColorChecker Video is the ideal color chart for your video workflow. This two-sided target provides chromatic color chips, skin tone chips and gray reference chips on one side and a spectrally neutral white balance card on the other side. This larger color target is perfect for pre-camera checks and wider shots.
Ideal for Filmmakers.
Get to your ideal color place faster!
The ColorChecker Video will get you to a worry-free color balanced and consistently neutral place, with ideal camera exposure, faster than ever before – giving you more time to spend on your creative look. It’s an essential color tool you won’t want to be without, saving you valuable time from capture to edit.
ColorChecker Video is an all-in-one full size durable and rigid color target, specifically intended for video production. It includes a newly designed video color chart on one side and a large spectrally neutral white balance card on the flip side.
Video Color Target includes:
- Chromatic Colors: six saturated and six de-saturated color chips aligned with video production
- Skin Tones: six color chips from light to dark with different undertones
- Gray Levels: four larger steps for even gray balance, including white, 40IRE gray, deep gray and high gloss black reference patches
- Linear Grayscale: six steps for even gray balance, including highlight and shadow regions
- Illumination Check Chips: black and white color chips at two corners to better assist in determining even illumination
White Balance Target: Create in-camera white balance to start at a neutral point for all the footage you capture. With this chart, you’ll be able to:
- Eliminate color casts
- Make post production color editing and grading faster and easier by eliminating the need to neutralize frames individually
Use for a variety of applications, including:
- color grading
- color balancing
- gray balancing
- setting perfect exposure
- color matching multiple cameras
- shooting and editing for mixed lighting
3rd PARTY SOFTWARE SUPPORT
ColorChecker Video is supported by 3rd party software solutions for improved color grading and efficiencies.
New ColorChecker® Video Targets
Shoot for ideal.
ColorChecker Video charts make your workflow faster, more consistent and more color balanced. They allow everyone on your team – from producer to cinematographer to editor to